This course applies to Tasmania Ambulance Volunteers, who have completed a minimum of 100 hours of work as a volunteer ambulance officer, in the past 12 months. The learning content and knowledge assessment of this Advanced First Aid course will be delivered in an online format, followed by face to face practical skills assessment session. This course applies to individuals who are required to provide an advanced first aid response to a casualty in a range of situations, in their workplace setting.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Moreton Group Training (delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909) will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Completed a minimum of 100 hours of work as a volunteer ambulance officer, in the past 12 months
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including CPR on the floor and performing rescue breathing techniques on manikins.
- Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smart phone, tablet, or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online studies and practical assessment.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
|HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation||12 months|
|HLTAID010 - Provide basic emergency life support||36 months|
|HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid||36 months|
|HLTAID014 - Provide Advanced First Aid||36 months|
Online theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the adult CPR simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Simulated First Aid Scenario - Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the life-threatening bleed first aid scenario
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident